Billie Eilish Gets Ready for the Met Gala | Vogue (Video)






Ads

quarta-feira, 24 de setembro de 2014

Liverpool youngster Jordan Rossiter 'made up' by debut goal

Liverpool youngster Jordan Rossiter 'made up' by debut goal



Liverpool starlet Jordan Rossiter says it was a 'dream come true' to score a debut goal during the remarkable Capital One Cup triumph over Middlesbrough, but is determined to keep his feet on the ground.

The 17-year-old handed the Merseysiders an early lead at Anfield before the Reds were pegged back twice and taken to a penalty shoot-out, which they eventually won by a record 14-13 scoreline in the competition.

Rossiter became the second youngest goalscorer for the club where he has been plying his trade since the age of six and after scoring with a low 30-yard drive inside 10 minutes the Academy midfielder was left in dreamland.

"It was brilliant. I'm made up," a jubilant Rossiter told the Liverpool Echo.


"To score on my debut, I couldn't have asked for any more. It's a dream come true to be honest.

"I got told by the manager at training on Monday that I'd be starting. I was a bit shocked but I couldn't wait to get out here.

"I was a bit nervous but playing with some of the best players in the world helped.

"I was speaking to a few of the senior players before kick-off who just told me to enjoy it. It was a great opportunity for me and they helped me through.

"I can't even explain it. I can't even remember what happened. I'm looking forward to getting home and watching it on the TV. To score at Anfield is just a great feeling.

"I know I need to keep my feet on the ground and keep on improving. If I do that then hopefully I'll get more appearances in the future."