Billie Eilish Gets Ready for the Met Gala | Vogue (Video)






Ads

sexta-feira, 5 de dezembro de 2014

Goalkeeper Emi Martinez happy family convinced him to stay at Arsenal

Goalkeeper Emi Martinez happy family convinced him to stay at Arsenal


Arsenal's emerging goalkeeper Emi Martinez has revealed his family told him not to quit the club in the summer.


The young Argentine's emergency promotion has coincided with Arsenal's best defensive run of the season - three clean sheets in three games.


But it took the intervention of his family and agent to convince Martinez to stay patient when Arsene Wenger signed David Ospina as competition for Wojciech Szczesny back in July.

"They said 'let's wait one year to see if you get the opportunity, don't rush it'," said Martinez, who spent most of last season on loan at Sheffield Wednesday.

"I was still young - I was only 21, I just turned 22 - and I think I did good to stay here. I got the opportunity that my agent and family told me, so I am really pleased about that. Arsenal is one of the biggest clubs in the world so I am in no rush to leave. I love this club."

Speaking about his run of clean sheets he said: "It is amazing, isn't it? I need to enjoy it and say thank you to me defenders as well. They have been outstanding the last three games. It is always good to keep a clean sheet and do your job.

"When you play with Per Mertesacker, Laurent Koscielny, Nacho Monreal - whoever plays in the back four - you feel confident against any team. I feel really, really confident behind them and hopefully I will get more opportunities."