Billie Eilish Gets Ready for the Met Gala | Vogue (Video)






Ads

domingo, 9 de agosto de 2015

Lacazette signs Lyon deal

Lacazette signs Lyon deal
AFP

Lyon received a massive boost on Saturday when star striker Alexandre Lacazette signed a new contract up to 2019, the French Ligue 1 club have announced. The deal ends any danger that last season's top scorer in France with 27 goals would be lured away from the Stade de Gerland despite interest from Europe's superpowers.

"It was complicated and long," the 24-year-old France international declared after putting pen to paper. "I let it be known my wish to stay at the club and to refuse any outside offer. The important thing for me was not whether I would extend my contract or not, but to stay at the club. I knew that I was going to stay here."

He becomes Lyon's top earner ahead of playmaker Clement Grenier, who has also signed a new deal. 

Saturday's announcement follows Lyon manager Hubert Fournier's assertion on 24 July that Lacazette would remain a Lyon player. Seven-time former champions Lyon finished second to champions Paris-Saint Germain last season, and open their 2015-2016 campaign at home to Lorient on Sunday.