Billie Eilish Gets Ready for the Met Gala | Vogue (Video)






Ads

terça-feira, 28 de julho de 2015

Vidal: Bayern give me the best chance of winning the Champions League

Vidal: Bayern give me the best chance of winning the Champions League
Getty Images

Bayern Munich have confirmed the signing of Arturo Vidal from Juventus on a four-year deal, with the midfielder reportedly costing €35m. The 28-year-old has been brought in by the German champions to bolster their options in the engine room after Bastian Schweinsteiger joined Manchester United earlier this month.

"I wanted to make another big step in my career, I want to develop myself further as a player and win titles like the Champions League," said Vidal in Spanish, despite having already spent four seasons in Germany with Bayer Leverkusen. "The chance to do that, I see, is most likely at FC Bayern.

"I want to support the team and win trophies. For me, this is a dream come true."

Vidal is Bayern's second major signing of the close season after Brazil attacker Douglas Costa joined from Shakhtar Donetsk earlier this month. German daily Bild say Vidal will earn €10m per season at Bayern.

"I am delighted to be back in the Bundesliga and of course, I hope to win it," said the player who helped Juventus reach last season's UEFA Champions League final after claiming the Italian league and cup double.

Sammer salutes Vidal
With his collection of tattoos and eye-catching hairstyle, the Chilean will bring some glamour to the Bavarian giants.
Getty Images


"He is a guy who likes to win and has an excellent mentality," said Bayern's sporting director Matthias Sammer, who added that Vidal has the option of an extra year once his contract expires in 2019. "He'll be good for us with his strength in one-on-ones, his eye for goal and his flexibility."

Vidal is unlikely to play in Saturday's German Super Cup final versus Wolfsburg, but wants to participate if Bayern coach Pep Guardiola gives him the nod: "If the trainer wants me to, I'm ready to play."

Bayern will start the new Bundesliga season at home to Hamburg on 14 August, and will be bidding to make history by becoming the first team to win four consecutive Bundesliga titles.