Billie Eilish Gets Ready for the Met Gala | Vogue (Video)






Ads

quinta-feira, 4 de setembro de 2014

Divock Origi will wait for Liverpool first-team chance

Divock Origi will wait for Liverpool first-team chance


Liverpool striker Divock Origi insists he will bide his time and work hard for a first-team place when he eventually heads to Anfield.

The 19-year-old, who impressed for Belgium at this summer’s World Cup in Brazil, has been loaned back to former club Lille following his £10million switch during the summer transfer window.  

Origi will compete for a place in manager Brendan Rodgers’ starting line-up with England internationals Daniel Sturridge and Rickie Lambert as well as recent recruit from AC Milan, Mario Balotelli.


“Always with big teams there is competition, but it’s also nice to have big players there so you can learn from them and grow and so you can play when the time is right,” he told Sky Sports News HQ.

“I will go there with a lot of patience and I know I’m going to learn a lot of things with the great players that are there.”

The Ostend-born frontman admitted there was interest in his services from Tottenham but is convinced he made the right decision by rejecting their overtures and plumping for a move to Liverpool.

“Of course there was a lot of interest which is normal,” Origi said.

“It was on me to stay calm and make the right decision. In the end I chose Liverpool and I have never regretted it.

“I think they welcomed me very well. This showed me a little bit about the history of the club and their philosophy so it was very interesting.

“At the end, I think it was the right choice."