Billie Eilish Gets Ready for the Met Gala | Vogue (Video)






Ads

domingo, 16 de novembro de 2014

England defender Casey Stoney hopes becoming a parent will spur her on

England defender Casey Stoney hopes becoming a parent will spur her on


By Dev Trehan



England defender Casey Stoney hopes becoming a parent to twins can take her football career to the next level.


The Arsenal Ladies centre-back has endured a few sleepless nights this week since partner Megan Harris gave birth to twins Teddy and Tilly earlier this month.

But the defender, who captained the Team GB women’s football team during the 2012 Olympics, says the joy she has felt at having children is unparalleled. 


“I’ve had a few nights where I’d have liked a little bit more sleep, but when you look at them sleeping sweetly in their Moses baskets you realise that it’s all so worthwhile,” Stoney told Sky Sports News HQ. 


“I will have to learn to be patient, but I’m so happy right now and that can only bode well for my football career.

“I genuinely believe the happier you are off the pitch, the better you can perform on it so I’m looking forward to what lies ahead next season.

“In terms of the best moment of my career I always go back to the Olympics and that night at Wembley Stadium (Team GB v Brazil), but nothing can compare to the birth of your children. 

“It was just the most amazing momentous night of my life. I don’t think I will ever top that.” 


Stoney, who was speaking at the Women in Sport event in central London hosted by charity Stonewall, says it could prove challenging spending time away from her newborn children but insists her commitment to football is stronger than ever.

 “This was planned during the off-season so hopefully when football resumes they will be four or five months old and sleeping through the night,” Stoney added.

 “I’m looking forward to the future. I know I will have to adapt but the twins will fit into our lives, they will come to the games.

“My training will continue as it is but the difficult thing could be when I am away from them on trips.

“That’s a part of my life that is hopefully not going to stop any time soon. They’ll look back in years to come and they’ll be proud and realise why I am away.”