Billie Eilish Gets Ready for the Met Gala | Vogue (Video)






Ads

quarta-feira, 11 de fevereiro de 2015

Gotze: I shouldn't be compared to Messi

Gotze: I shouldn't be compared to Messi


Mario Gotze insists he does not deserve to be compared to Lionel Messi.

The Bayern Munich attacking midfielder was told by Germany coach Joachim Low to show he was better than the Argentinian when he cane on as a substitute in the 2014 FIFA World Cup™ Final. Gotze went to score the only goal with a superb finish.

However, he told Sport Bild magazine: "I think [Low] only said that to motivate me. I came on late and he just found the right words to give me a push.

"Messi has proven his extraordinary talent throughout his whole career with Barcelona. It's not a comparison which should be made. He's achieved so many great things and set the bar so high that practically nobody is ever going to reach it."

Dinner with Pep
Gotze also revealed he went for a meal out with Bayern coach Pep Guardiola recently

"We had an Asian meal, but I wouldn't really call it a date," he said. "It was, however, a very special talk in a relaxed atmosphere.

"Even there, the coach spoke more than anything about football and the way he sees the game, but he doesn't forget to find out how things are with you personally. Such an honest conversation with the coach is very important to a player."